The sum of Basic Pay and allowances makes up the total IBPS Clerk Salary. The first Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765.
IBPS Clerk Payscale is: 11765-655/3-13730-815/3-16175-980/4-20095-1145/7-28110-2120/1-30230/1310-1-31540.
This implies that the minimum Basic Pay for IBPS Clerk is Rs 11,765 while the maximum is Rs 31540.
|Initial Basic Pay||Rs 11,765, with a yearly increment of Rs 655 for three years|
|Basic Pay after 3 years||Rs 13730, with a yearly increment of Rs 815 for the next three years|
|Basic Pay after the next 3 years||Rs 16175, with a yearly increment of Rs 980 for the next four years|
|Basic Pay after the next 4 years||Rs 20095, with a yearly increment of Rs 1145 for the next 7 years|
|Basic Pay after the next 7 years||Rs 28110, with a yearly increment of Rs 2120 for next one year|
|Basic Pay after the next 1 year||Rs 30230, with a yearly increment of Rs 1310 for next one year|
|Basic Pay after next year||Rs 31540 (maximum Basic Pay)|
IBPS Clerk Salary: Allowances
|IBPS Clerk Salary in India- Basic Pay||Rs 11765/-|
|Dearness Allowance||Based on CPI|
|House Rent Allowance||6.5% to 8.5%|
|Medical Insurance||Rs 2000/- annually|
|Travelling Allowance||Reimbursement depending on bank policies|
IBPS Clerk Salary Structure
|Population More Than 45 lakhs||Population Less Than 45 lakhs|
|Basic Pay||Rs 11765||Rs 11765|
|Dearness Allowance||Rs 5311||Rs 5311|
|Travel Allowance||Rs 425||Rs 425|
|Special Allowance||Rs 911||Rs 911|
|House Rent Allowance||Rs 1176||Rs 1058|
|Total IBPS Clerk Salary||Rs 19588||Rs 19470|
IBPS Clerk Promotion & Career Growth
The career and promotion opportunities that follow post the IBPS Clerk post are given below:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager
- Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General Manager.
IBPS Clerk Responsibilities:
The Job Responsibilities of an IBPS Clerk is given below.
- To manage inquiry corners, receipts, withdrawal, etc.
- A clerk also deals with opening new accounts, cash collection, issuing bank statements and handling mails and delivery.
- Verification of various documents and proofs submitted by the customers
- Updating the pass books of account holders
- Responsible for bank cash, various important documents, keys, etc.
- Issuing of Demand Drafts (DDs), bank accounts for the customers, cash receipts, etc.
- Sanctioning of withdrawals by the customers
- Maintaining the various documents of the bank, balance sheets, ledger, etc.
- Resolving the various issues of the customers
- Providing guidance to customers relating to various banking activities
- Attending to treasury works
Frequently Asked Questions on IBPS Clerk Salary
Q 1. What is the in-hand salary of IBPS Clerk?
Ans. The in-hand salary of IBPS Clerk varies from Rs.19,000/- to Rs.22,000/- per month. As an employee gains more experience in the Organisation and continues to work for more years, his/her salary increases.
Q 2. What is the basic pay for an IBPS clerk?
Ans. An IBPS Clerk has a basic pay from Rs 11,765 while the maximum is Rs 31540.
Q 3. What benefits are given along with the IBPS Clerk salary?
Ans. An IBPS Clerk gets the facility of DA, HRA, Medical, Travel, Transport Allowances to name a few.
Q 4. How can an IBPS Clerk get a promotion?
Ans. Banks conduct internal Interviews and exams for promotions. Employees can apply for those internal exams and get promoted to higher posts.
Q 5. Is the House Rent Allowance (HRA) different for rural and urban areas?
Ans. Yes, the HRA offered to an IBPS Clerk differs based on the city of posting. In a metro city, 8.5% of basic pay is given as HRA. For cities with a population of more than five lacs, the HRA is 7.5% of basic pay, and for other cities, it is 6.5% of basic pay.