- The starting Basic pay for IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 is 23,700/-
- The In-hand Salary at present varies from Rs.43,000 – 47,000 at 100% D.A.
- After the selection of the candidate for the post of Officer Scale-I, he/she will need to undergo training for 2 years under the probationary period. During the probationary period, the candidate will receive a fixed amount that is usually less than the normal pay scale.
- After completion of the probationary period, the candidates will be promoted to Assistant Manager post.
Perks and allowances of IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 post
Apart from the basic pay, the officers are entitled to the following allowances and perks:
- Dearness Allowance
- Special Allowance
- House Rent Allowance / Leased Accommodation
- Conveyance Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
- Household Cleaning Expenses
- Leave Encashment
- Leave Travel Concession
- Medical Reimbursement
- National Pension Scheme
- Newspaper Allowance
- Travelling Allowance
The benefits of the IBPS PO RRB Officer Scale-I (PO) post are numerous. Stress and work pressure are relatively less in comparison to commercial banks. Employees have a good work-life balance. The cost of living is low since employees get posted in rural areas. Employees are eligible for 100% D.A. Employees can be deputed to other departments in Govt. sector under exchange programs.
IBPS RRB PO Job Profile
- Management of day-to-day banking operations.
- Loan disbursement & credit portfolio rating.
- Often needs to take care of single window operations or being a teller.
- Focus on the agricultural schemes and policies for the rural market.
- Preparations of the audit report and NPA recovery also forms a major job task.
Apart from the tasks mentioned here, one also has to take care of in-house staff and managing of the clerical staff. Running and operations of banks also rely on the Probationary Officer.
IBPS RRB Scale 1 Officer Career Growth
The career hierarchy of a Probationary Officer is as follows:
Officer Scale I (PO) -> Assistant Manager -> Deputy Manager-> Branch Manager-> Senior Branch Manager->Chief Manager-> Assistant General Manager-> DGM -> General Manager.
The career growth is dependent on multiple factors such as:
- Efficiency in the completion of tasks.
- Responsibility of the action taken
- Management of Assets (including the manpower)
- Subject Knowledge and Immense experience in the background.
What is the pay scale of IBPS RRB PO?
The pay scale of an IBPS RRB PO is 14500-600/7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700.
What is the salary of an IBPS RRB PO?
The salary of an IBPS RRB PO at present varies from Rs.29,000 to 33,000 at 100% D.A.
What is the job of an IBPS RRB PO or Officer Scale I?
An IBPS RRB PO carries the duty of Loan disbursement & credit portfolio rating, preparation of the audit reports, and NPA recovery as well as to manage the day to day operations of the bank.