RBI Grade B Exam Syllabus for Prelims (Phase 1)
|Reasoning Ability||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
Order and Ranking
Logical Reasoning (Passage Inference, Statement, and Assumption, Conclusion, Argument)
Vocabulary based questions
Paragraph Based Questions ( Paragraph Fillers, Paragraph Conclusion, Paragraph /Sentences Restatement)
|Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Line Chart, Tabular, Caselet, Radar/Web, Pie Chart)|
Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)
Approximation and Simplification
Miscellaneous Arithmetic Problems (HCF and LCM, Profit and Loss, SI & CI, Problem on Ages, Work and Time, Speed Distance and Time, Probability, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Average, Ratio and Proportion, Partnership, Problems on Boats and Stream, Problems on Trains, Mixture and Allegation, Pipes and Cisterns)
Govt. Schemes and Policies
RBI Grade B Syllabus for Mains Exam (Phase 2)
Paper-I – Economic and Social Issues:
- Growth and Development – Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income – Poverty
- Alleviation and Employment Generation in India – Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
- Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy – Privatization –
- Role of Economic Planning. Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments,
- Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional
Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanization
and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice: Positive Discrimination in favor of the underprivileged –
- Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education
Paper-II -English (Writing Skills):
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic
Paper-III -Finance and Management:
(a) Financial System
- Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
- Reserve Bank of India- functions, and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India,
- Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
- Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestment
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, the role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth
- Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM)
- Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI -components, and trends.
- Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organization.
- Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal; Potential appraisal and development; Feedback and Performance Counseling; Career Planning; Training and Development; Rewards; Employee Welfare.
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.