Currently, the basic SBI Clerk Salary in India is around Rs.11765/- and multiple increments are added to it as the employee gradually works for the Bank. There are various other components in the salary structure for an SBI Clerk, which makes this post a desirable one
The significant aspects of the SBI Clerk Salary structure in India are given below:
|SBI Clerk Salary in India- Basic Pay||Rs.13075/-|
Salary after 1st Increment- Rs. 13730/-
Salary after 2nd Increment-Rs. 16175/-
Salary after 3rd Increment- Rs. 20095/-
Salary after 4th Increment- Rs. 28110/-
Salary after 5th increment- Rs 30230/-
Salary after 6th increment- Rs 31450/-
|Dearness Allowance||Based on the Consumer Price Index|
|House Accommodation||Depends on the place of posting.|
SBI Clerk Allowances
The total salary takes into account the allowances, which are in a way beneficial for the employee(Clerk). These allowances include:
Dearness Allowance (The Dearness Allowance increases of quarterly basic and is depended on the Inflation rate of the Country if the inflation increase the DA goes up and vice versa)
House Rent Allowance
These allowances also have varied amount depending upon the location of posting.
SBI Clerk Perks
Like a normal bank job, the SBI CLERK Salary includes the perks such as stability, financial security, medical insurance, provident fund. Moreover, the fact that the employee gets to work with the central bank(government) is itself a good opportunity.
Another important benefit includes a provident fund, Pension, Medical Leave and Leave fare. Besides, the promotions provided also add credit to the profile.
SBI Clerk Promotion
Promotions for SBI Clerk can be of two types:
1. In-Cadre Promotions for SBI Clerk
- A candidate in the clerical cadre who has has been in service for ten years will be promoted to the post of Senior Assistant. This post shall receive a special allowance of Rs.1800/-
- A candidate in the clerical cadre who has been in service for twenty years will be promoted to the post of Special Assistant. This post shall receive a special allowance of Rs.2500/- which will be considered for Dearly Allowance (DA) & House Rental Allowance (HRA)
- A candidate in clerical cadre who has been in service for thirty years will be promoted to the post of Senior Special Assistant. This post shall receive a special allowance of Rs.3500/- which will be ranked for Dearly Allowance (DA) & House Rental Allowance (HRA)
2. Promotions for SBI Clerk to Officer Cadre To Trainee officer
A candidate as a clerk in service for three years can become a trainee officer after clearing a written test and interview. Such clerks are kept under probation for an initial two years of appointment as Trainee Officer. Based on performance and after the probation period, the trainee officer will be either recruited into Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II) cadre or sent back to the clerical cadre.
SBI Clerk Salary: Probation Period
- A candidate will be serving a period of 6 months on probation. Newly recruited Junior Associates will be required to complete e-lessons as prescribed by the bank during the probation, for getting confirmed in the Bank, failing which their probation will be extended till completion of the same.
- Further, before the probation period comes to an end, the performance of the newly recruited employees will be evaluated and the probation period of those employees whose performance does not meet the expectation, maybe extended